Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Dear Butter . . .

Tomorrow you start high school Where has the time gone? You have grown up so fast and I am so in awe of you and everything that you have accomplished and everything that I know you can and will do.

I can remember being pregnant with you and wondering who you were and who you would become. I had a feeling that you were our boy, but we didn't know for sure until you were born. I was so thrilled that I had a son! You then decided to show your stubborn streak when you decided to hold your breath. But I think that just showed us early your determination to do whatever you wanted to do.

You are definitely a boy who knows what he wants. You set your mind to what you want and strive for it. You proved that to yourself and us when you were able to graduate from middle school with straight As. You put your mind to it, and whenever you thought that you were going to falter, you made a point of working harder and seeing your goal. You amaze me almost daily with what you can do and what you want out of life.

On the eve of high school, I want you to go forward and really enjoy your high school days. I want you to go to football games, go to dances, attend the various performances that go on at your school. I want you to get involved and really make the most out of the next four years. Your freshman year is going to be a challenge. Your classes are tough, I can see that, and I am impressed beyond belief over the classes you are taking and the fact that your teachers believe that you can accomplish this. You are taking an extra class by being in jazz band, but I know you can do this.

I want you to make friends that will last a lifetime. I want you to enjoy the time you spend in high school and be able to look back on these days and say that you really learned, grew and had a great time.

I am so very proud of you. You are more than I ever thought I would have.

I love you!

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment